Sunday, August 8, 2010

Goodbye July! See ya next year...

I haven't posted in a while because life has been hectic. I went to Indiana for what was supposed to be a 5 day vacation but turned into 3 weeks. I thought our flight departed at 8:37. We got to the airport at 7:30 and found out our flight was scheduled to leave at 7:50. I had read our departure from our layover in Denver, not Indiana.
We secured us a flight for 7 am the next morning and stopped by Donato's Pizza on our way back to my parents. I had been feeling pain for a few hours but kept ignoring it. We ate pizza, got ready for our flight the next morning, and I layed down to get 4 hours of sleep. I tossed and turned and no matter what I did, I couldn't get comfortable or ignore the pain in my chest. I went down and woke my mom up and we went to the ER. I called my dear husband who was immediately worried about me and stayed up all night to receive updates from my mother.
I had multiple test done and found out I had gallstone and needed my gallbladder out. My doctor said fatty foods trigger gallstones. Dang Donato's Pizza! But... can you believe it? All this would have happened on the plane had we not missed it! Anyway, as soon as my husband found out I needed surgery, he got on the next flight to Indiana. My surgery went great. However, most patients leave the same day- but I was in a lot of pain so they kept me over night. My dad went and got Cory from the airport at around 10pm. Cory walked into my hospital room literally shaking. He was freezing cold in 90* weather with 100% humidity! The poor guy had a fever. Our wonderful nurse tended to both of us during the night, even bringing Cory medicine :) His fever finally broke around 4am and he slowly started feeling better.
We left the hospital Thursday morning and booked flights to return home Monday afternoon. On Sunday morning I was in pain. I thought it may have been a side effect from my surgery. My pain medicine wasn't helping and the pain was unbearable. Cory brought me back to the ER. They were worried I had appendicitis so I got a CATScan. Luckily, I only had a kidney stone. However, it was too big (5mm) to pass.
They scheduled me a lithotripsy for Wednesday morning. So, we had to reschedule my flightagain for July 24. Lithotripsy is a procedure where they break up the kidney stone with an ultra sound. You have to be put under cause its very painful and its like they are literally beating the stone to break it up. My back was bruised and in so much pain afterwards! Right after the procedure I started passing tiny stone particles. We got Sophie and I a new flight for Saturday the 24 but I was still in pain and it was hard to take care of Sophie alone while I was on the pain medicine.
We rescheduled my flight for Tuesday the 27th and we actually made the flight! We had a window seat and during the flight I, of course, had to change Soph's diaper. I asked the couple next to me if they would let us out so I could take Sophie. When the woman stood up, her eyes rolled into the back of her head, and she fell on the kid in the seat in front of us. She started seizing. They almost landed the plane but decided to keep her lying on the ground for the rest of the flight. I felt horrible. I apologized to the man when the med crew boarded the flight to assist his wife off the plane.
We finally made it back to Logan and the next day Sophie had her 6 month check up (at almost 7 months old). We found out Sophie had a yeast infection and the doc prescribed her "pink cream" that the pharmacy makes. We went home, applied Sophie's medicine, and an hour later checked on an ornery babies diaper. The poor girl had an allergic reaction to something in the medicine and had a rash everywhere the medicine touched. GEEZ. We called the doc, got some new medicine, and I got the stomach flu.
I am so glad the month of July is OVER. We were seriously bad news! I'm so glad to be back home with a happy, healthy baby and my sweet husband that I missed like crazy. I'm so lucky it did happen in Indianapolis, though. My mom, dad, and sister helped me out so much. I couldn't ask for a better family. My lovely mom spoiled Sophie and I bad! Before we went to Indiana my family had come the week before. So I was with them for 4 weeks total! My mom did our laundry everyday, bathed Sophie twice a day, woke up in the morning with Soph and let me sleep in. It was wonderful! However, now that we're home she wants to be held all the time! Between my mom, dad, Brooke, and then Cory coming... she was rarely put down. Oh well, she is well loved :) I'm hoping August will be a much better month :)

P.S. Sophie is 7 months old today at 8:37pm :)

Here's some pics from the good times on our trip! There's about a gazillion more but it's so annoying uploading pictures on the blog. The rest are on FB. Enjoy :)



The girl LOVES water.

Getting an airbrushed butterfly
Touching a shark!
With her Great-great grandma GG... she's 95!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

This is TRULY horrible! I must admit I laughed a little when I read it all, but only because it kept getting worse and worse. unbelievable! I hope your luck changes.