Sunday, November 7, 2010

3 more days...

I've been away from my sugar plum for 5 days. It's killing me! Especially when my mom sends me the cutest pictures and videos of her. It's worse when my mom calls on speaker phone and Sophie hears me and says, "Momma." Oh :( But she has learned so much while she has been there. She can do Patty Cake... she claps her hands and then knows how to do "roll it and roll it" and she circles her little hands. So cute!! Also, she can blow kisses. I must get a video of it asap!

Soph's Vocab:
Momma
Dad
Baby
Baba
Whastha

Let me explain the "whastha." When we were visiting, my mom kept saying to Sophie, "whats that?" anytime she had a toy or was looking at something. My mom would whisper it in her ear. Shortly after whenever my mom said it, Sophie would whisper whas-tha in attempt to copy my mom. She does it all the time now. It's hilarious.

I was worried Sophie would start walking while she was at my moms but luckily she hasn't. She has taken mini steps on her own and she's really close... standing on her own all the time or pushing toys... but still no walking.

My mom said she has become a bit of a picky eater this week (which is crazy news to me cause she used to eat everything in sight!). Her favorite thing to eat right now is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches :)

Anyway, I've gotten quite a lot done while Sophie has been gone. Not just my clinical hours, but also a lot done around the house. I decorated my laundry room, made a wreath, made blackout drapes for Sophie's window, made decorations and hats for Sophie's birthday party, cleaned, cleaned, and more cleaning, I've caught up on all the laundry, I've made yummy dinners, and Cory and I have had some fun dates together. We talk about Soph all the time and watch and rewatch all the video's my mom and sister send. Sometime's I wake up in the middle of the night and think I can hear her crying :( I can't wait to see her cute little bum on Wednesday!

No comments: