Saturday, December 4, 2010

Update

I haven't blogged lately. I've been really sick and in the hospital... and I just haven't felt the want to blog :) But, if you're dying for an update on the Clayburn Family, here goes...

Sophie stayed at my mom and dad's for a week in Indiana. I had 30 hours of clinicals to do this semester and I still needed 20 more come October. I missed my little bug so much, but I also got so much stuff done. The first night Cory and I went grocery shopping and kept saying, "this is so weird to not have her here!" In the middle of the night I would wake up thinking I could hear her talking. Cory said it happened to him a few times too. When my mom flew her back we were ecstatic to see her! She seemed like such a big girl after 8 days and she definitely packed on the pounds at grandmas! She came back a little chunk!

My mom stayed in town for about 5 days. It was great having her around. Cory and I just never get sick of her!

The day before Thanksgiving I started feeling pain where my gallbladder used to be. It was bearable for a while but then I was in excruciating pain. I called Cory at work and said, "you got to come home now and take me to the ER." He came so fast and called his mom to come watch Soph. I was so frantic that I started running around cleaning my house cause she was coming. It kind of reminded me of when I was pregnant :) We went to the hospital and found out I had pancreatitis. We planned on staying overnight and I figured I'd discharge Thursday or Friday at the latest. We called our dear friend Mireesa to have Sophie over for a sleepover so Cory could stay at the hospital with me. I was put on a liquid diet and poor Cory had Thanksgiving turkey dinner from the hospital cafeteria. Thursday night was pretty bad and I got very sick with the worst migraine. I have never had a migraine before... and let me tell you, they suck. Friday was probably the worst day I've ever had in my life. I'm not exaggerating. I was in terrible pain. I had two doctors assigned to me and neither one knew what to do. I had 3 CT scans, 2 MRI's, chest x-rays, an MRCP scan, a Lumbar Puncture (spinal tap), dozens of blood draws... I was tested for HIV, Hepatitis, Pancreatic Cancer, a brain aneurysm and a million other tests. It was a nightmare. My sweet husband just stayed by my side while nurses came in with masks and double gloved cause they thought I was contagious with something severe. After my terrible day on Friday my sweet dad bought my mom a plane ticket (from their Thanksgiving vacation in Florida) to come take care of me and help with Sophie. Cory and I were relieved to have her in town since Sophie was very sick as well. I was released on Monday and they said I had a severe virus that caused pancreatitis, pneumonia, and migraines. I went to get my prescription for the migraine medicine and the pharmacist said he's never seen a doctor prescribe that high of doses for the med and that he and no other pharmacist in Logan could fill the prescription! Geez. I had to wait for them to order it in. I was discharged at 12:15 and Sophie had a doctors appointment at 12:30 and we found out she had Adenovirus (yes, one word). Poor girl was puking everything she ate. She was so hungry and just cried and cried :( It broke my heart. She got put on an antibiotic and is doing much better now. I went for a follow up appointment on Wednesday and they told me I had a cyst in my cheek that needed to be removed and it was attributing to my headaches. So, I'm scheduling the procedure to be done.

SO... that's why I haven't blogged :) Hope you forgive me.

On the bright side, we leave to my mom and dad's in 20 days and will be staying for 10 days :) Little Miss Sophie will be 11 months old on the 8th. I can't even believe it.
Here's some snipets of what she's up to:
Words:
Mama
Dada
Hiiiii!
Whats that?
Woah!
Pee Eww! (while holding her nose)
Roll (rolling her hands for patty-cake)
Ya, ya, ya!
Peeboo (Peek-a-boo)

She's walking a few steps on her own without the help of anything but then she kneels down and crawls after 3 or 4 steps.

She's binky free (yahoo!) but is definitely a thumb sucker. This month I'm going to ween her off of bottles and start trying cow's milk with just a sippy cup. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

Oh my gosh. How awful!! I am so sorry Brittany. I've had some weird medical stuff lately too and it is really discouraging. It's so hard to not feel well and have your little one sick too. I hope you all get feeling better in time for the holidays. Good luck girl. Sophie is a doll. Way to wean her off the binky. We still haven't weaned Lucy off binkies and it's going to be a sad, bad week when we do.