Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our Story

The first time I met Cory was May '07, when he came to help me move. If any of you know my family, I'm sure you are not surprised! I knew his roommate and had asked him to bring over some friends to help me... and Cory was one of them. I barely even talked to him that day. The only time he said something was when he laughed that I packed my clothes in a refrigerator box! The next time I saw him was when he helped me move again three months later! That time I insisted on taking him and his roommate to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Although it was supposed to be my treat, Cory paid.

We started hanging out a lot in December. My family went to Yellowstone for Christmas. I remember texting him that day and said, "Did you get everything you wanted?" And his reply was, "Yes, a Red Ryder carbon-action, 200-shot range model air rifle BB gun" and I replied "I got a pink bunny suit" (for those of you don't know its a reference to A Christmas Story movie). That movie is by far one of my families favorites... so I knew there could definitely be a future :)

I returned home from Christmas and I spent New Years Eve with him until I had to leave for work at midnight. Our very first kiss was January 12 and there hasn't been a single day since then we haven't spent together. He proposed July 18 and I have loved planning our wedding! It is December 27! I know it is a crazy time of year but it just seemed liked the only date that would work :)

No comments: