Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgivingly

Holy Smokes! 29 More Days until the wedding!! I can't even believe it. My parents will be here next Friday! My mom is staying until the wedding but my dad will be back and forth from Philly.
I had such a fun Thanksgiving with Cory's family yesterday! Even though his mom did Thanksgiving, Cory and I still wanted to make our own turkey for leftovers :) Here are some pictures!
We were trying to take a picture with the bowl but it didn't quite make it in!
Cory is really excited about the Blueberry Sky Pie!


Every year, since I was little, my mom held our Thanksgiving turkey up over the sink and made a funny gobbling sound. She would shake the turkey and pretend it was dying. It was terrifying! I told Cory about it and so... as not to ruin tradition... Cory took mom's place this year :)


And here's Cory concentrating on cleaning it out.

It was sad to not spend Thanksgiving with my family... but as my mom keeps teasing me, "We won't be your family anymore, Cory will be your family." Haha, how mean!
We also made a Thankful Box. When my family lived on Bainbridge Island we used to spend Christmas with two other families, the Thue's and Wingets. Deb Thue would always make a turkey box and bring it over on Thanksgiving. All of us would write down what we were thankful for and put it in the box. After dinner we would read out loud everything that was in the box. I remembered how fun it was. Some of the things were hilarious and some were really sweet. Anyway, I carried on the tradition to the Clayburns! I'll soon post a picture of my thankful box!

No comments: