Monday, November 17, 2008

WEDDING UPDATE!

I can't believe we are getting married in 40 days! It's been difficult planning everything with my mom living in Philly... but Cory is a trooper tagging along and helping make decisions. I'm super excited though because my parents are coming December 5 and staying until the wedding! I thought we would have so much to do once they came, but I honestly almost have everything planned! I have always been a planner and very organized. I found my dress and reception place 4 days after he proposed, I started the invites in September, and I ordered my cake the first of October. The only things that will be left last minute are the flowers and the favors. The favor boxes are on back order til Nov 29. We have all the flowers for the centerpieces ordered... we just have to wait until December to order the bridal bouquet, boutonnieres, etc.

The one thing that has been somewhat stressful is the invitations. I decided to hand make all of them. All 400. Cory and I started in July, working on them every week, and we are finally almost finished. I absolutely love how they turned out, but I would be okay if I never saw them again!

I love the place where we are having our reception. It is a bed and breakfast in Logan called The Riter Mansion. My dad rented the whole thing out the day of the wedding so my family can all stay the night there after the reception.


This is the front...



This is called the Carriage House. It was just built on to the back of the mansion. It is where we'll have our reception. However, that isn't the door guests will walk through. They will be entering from the front door of the mansion.

This is the inside... I love the fireplace...


This is a shot of the whole carriage house. My only rule for the wedding is that I didn't want it to seem Christmasy or that people were coming to a Christmas party. I have been very strict on no red, green, poinsettias, etc. I wasn't a huge fan of the Christmas tree but it has grown on me.


Another thing I'm excited about is my cake! My colors are brown and gold and when I found this cake at CarriesCakes.com I fell in love! I made a few changes though. There will be no bow and they aren't putting the swirls on the middle layer. They are also putting spaces between each layer and filling it in with white roses as well as a bundle of white roses on the top. I am VERY excited to see how it turns out!!











4 comments:

Katie G. said...

Britt! OMG this all looks so exciting, I can't wait to see it all in action! I'm so excited for you!

The Wood Family said...

Yeah! You have a blog! I didn't even know until now! That place looks amazing! I am so happy and excited for you! The big day is coming up so fast! Love ya...

Mallory said...

31 days to go! Let me know if you need help with anything at all before or on your big day. I can't wait to see you!

Jenny said...

Congratulations, Britt! I found your blog through Deb Thue's...I haven't seen you in years, you're all grown up! Say HI to your mom and dad for me. I know you'll have a wonderful wedding!