Saturday, December 19, 2009

October...

In October at about 27 weeks I started having really bad contractions. They were about 2 1/2 minutes apart and VERY painful. I called my doctor and they had me go strait to labor and delivery. I was SO terrified! While I was there I lost consciousness and had very high blood pressure. They did a fetal fibronectin test which came back negative. They did a bunch of other tests and found out the contractions were from being dehydrated. I couldn't believe it! I drank so much water everyday! So I started drinking (and peeing) even more! I am so grateful the baby didn't come that day and that she was okay!

This is at about 30 weeks. I still didn't have to wear maternity clothes! (Sorry for the blurry picture! We couldn't find our camera for a few weeks so this is with my cell phone!)


1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Hi Brittany,

Congrats on your negative fetal fibronectin result!! My name is Kirsten, and I'm a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for the fetal fibronectin test. I read your blog and I found it very interesting.

I also wanted to connect with you to see if you’d be interested in helping spread awareness about the benefits of the Fetal Fibronectin Test or receiving our quarterly newsletter? If so, please contact me by emailing fFN@schwartz-pr.com. My team generates stories about the benefits of the test among women at high risk for delivering early in national, local and online outlets.

We're always interested in speaking with women who had the test and are willing to share their experience to make sure other, at-risk pregnant women know there is a test available to help predict premature birth.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Kirsten