Sunday, January 2, 2011

See ya 2010!

The only hospital visit I enjoyed this year was the one that brought me my little Soph. Other than that, it's been an unhealthy year for me! However, I think my medical issues have come to an end.

On Wednesday, December 15 Soph and I flew to Indiana so I could figure out my medical problems. I saw a doctor on Friday who referred me to IU Medical Center to get an ERCP. Apparently IU has the best medical facility and doctors to perform this procedure. The possible complications to the ERCP were pretty scary, but the worst risk was pancreatitis! So, I wasn't too worried :)

The ERCP is an exploratory surgery and they actually ended up finding out what was wrong! I had Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD, which Cory calls Sphincter of Garfield. Hilarious, I know). Anyway, I feel so relieved. I was so grateful I didn't get pancreatitis and wasn't hospitalized over Christmas. I was sick for a few days but I am now feeling good.

I had the most wonderful Christmas with my family and Sophie was the cutest girl EVER! She had to take a nap after opening just two presents. Haha! She's a walking and talking machine. She walks everywhere and can even stand back up on her own if she falls. Her running is pretty hilarious too. I just love that little bug. I've got to starts writing down the things she says! I'll be so mad if I forget!

We also had the cutest birthday party for her Dec. 27 which was also Cory and I's 2 year anniversary! We have yet to celebrate our anniversary... but I'm sure we'll get around to it :) We're having another birthday party for her on Wednesday night here in Logan. I left my camera at my mom's so I'll post pictures soon!

My new year resolution? Stay away from the hospital!!

No comments: