Friday, February 4, 2011

Introducing, Bodie

A week after Mherra died, we made the decision to get another dog. I definitely didn't want a puppy and we're all about adopting dogs from the humane society. Why support breeders when there's dogs in shelters waiting for families? The humane society uses ASPCA's Meet Your Match evaluation system to categorize dogs into specific energy levels (Purple, Orange or Green) and personalities (ie; Busy Bee, Wallflower, Go-Getter etc). They use this MYM system to match the new dog adopters lifestyle with a dog's personality to make a "perfect match". Mherra was a "Purple-Constant Companion" and she was great. We knew we wanted a "purple" dog, so that's the first thing we looked for. There were three purples at the humane society.

1. Achillies, he was a jumper- no, thank you.

2. Libby, she just didn't mesh well with me...

3. Bodie. 126 lbs of pure LOVE. A sweet Mastiff that looks eerily identical to Mherra (besides the enormous head)! He's a "purple- teachers pet" that loves to sleep and eat. We adopted him on Wednesday and every time we see him, we're still surprised by his size. He's 3.5 feet tall and 4 feet long. And I'm pretty sure Sophie thinks he's Mherra.



We're excited to have Bodie in our lives! However, we are not excited about his gas and enormous poops! :)

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

Congrats on your new dog. I can totally empathize on how sad it is to lose a dog. We had to Calvin put down last January and I don't think I've ever cried so hard in my entire life. I still get choked up when I talk about him. Silly? Maybe, but dogs really do become a part of your family. Your little Sophie is darling!!