Sunday, February 13, 2011

What are you having for dinner?

I haven't blogged much simply because there isn't a lot going on! Sophie is still cute as ever and is growing up before my eyes... I kind of hate it.

Here's the highlight of our week! We took Soph ice skating. She preferred being held rather than skating herself... but when she did it, she was pretty good!
Aren't the tiny skates to die for??

On another note... Cory and I are getting sick of our regular dinners. I swear we have about ten that we just cycle through! So, if anyone has some great, easy suggestions... I'm all ears!

Here are a few of our favs:

Chicken Fajitas

Chicken
Orange Pepper
World Harbors Fajita Sauce (in my grocery store its by the bbq sauce and ketchup)

Slice your chicken into strips. Put it in a pan with oil. When the chicken's a little over half way cooked I add the sliced pepper. When everything is cooked I pour on the fajita sauce and let it simmer for a bit. So easy!

Put it all on a warmed flour tortilla with your fav toppings... mine are a little cheese, sour cream, and lettuce. Cory likes to throw on some olives.

We have it with chips, guacamole, and mexican rice.


BBQ Chicken Pizza

I buy the Pillsbury pizza crust. So yummy.
Cook a large chicken breast in the oven on 350 for about 45-60 min. Let it cool and dice it.

Roll out my pizza dough.
Mix together BBQ sauce and a couple spoon fulls of Pesto sauce.
Slather it generously on the dough
Throw on the diced chicken, some mozzarella cheese, pineapple tidbits on my half, and olives on Cory's. (Are you noticing a trend that Cory really likes olives?) Sometimes Cory likes me to put pineapples on his half... and then he picks them off. Strange, right? Cory doesn't like warm fruit but, "likes the residue it leaves behind." Weirdo. Oh well, more pineapples for me.

Its ready in a jiffy. We throw together a salad and Voila! Dinner's ready.

Grandma's Lasagna Casserole

12 oz. Egg Noodles
1 c. cottage cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 can tomato sauce
1 lb. hamburger
Cheese

Brown the hamburger (I sprinkle on garlic salt and Italian seasoning) and boil the noodles. Combine everything in a casserole dish (minus the cheese). Sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Throw together a salad or garlic bread. Yummm.


Another simple recipe is Spaghetti. I must admit, this is my favorite dinner (as well as Sophie's)

1 lb. hamburger
Beef smoked sausage
Spaghetti Noodles
Spaghetti Sauce... my fav is Classico Traditional Sweet Basil

I brown the hamburger and boil the noodles. When the hamburger is about halfway done I throw in the sausage. I only use half the package and slice the sausage into edible bites. I let the hamburger, sausage, and spaghetti sauce simmer for about 10 minutes... then we dig in!

I'm pretty sure my mom's the only person that reads this blog.... But, if someone else out there is reading this, please give me some of your recipe ideas! We are desperate to get out of this rut! :)

And I'll end the post with another darling picture of my little lady at a wedding we went to Friday night...


2 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

To the contrary, my dear, I read your blog all the time! And I love it! I haven't kept up with blogs for awhile because I've just been crazy busy but I took time to browse through your last few posts tonight. I'm so sorry about Mherra. We lost Calvin a year ago January after having him for fifteen years and I thought my heart was going to emplode. I'm glad that you got Bodie. The photos of Sophie with Mherra are just priceless, especially the one where they're napping together.
As far as recipes . . . I don't cook from recipes much anymore but my favorite food blog is one called "For the Love of Cooking". Fabulous recipes. Give it a look and see what you think. Love, Sandra

The Wendelschafer's said...

http://neelywardrecipes.blogspot.com/
I created a blog for the ladies in my ward and for my family to share recipes... A lot of these are mine and I update it from time to time but Maybe these will help! Enjoy!