Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sophie Update!

I'll get the pictures out of the way first :)




Sophie is on the move! She's now mobile! She rolls and rolls and rolls! She loves it and knows how to get to anything now :) It's pretty fun, except for when she tries to roll when you're changing her diaper!

Speaking of diapers. Holy Smokes. We go through A LOT! I went to my mom's for 11 days. I only brought 10 diapers for the day of travelling cause I knew she had bought a box of 284 from Costco. We went through ALL those and had to go buy a box of 36 the day before I left! That's like a diaper an hour! And not even that cause she sleeps about 1o-12 hours a night! I do change her diaper a lot though. My mom said she changed our diapers very often so we weren't used to being wet. By the time it came to potty training, we trained in about a week cause we didn't like being wet. Maybe one day all these diapers will pay off! :)

Sophie also loves her room and sleeping in her crib. She slept good at my moms (my mom had a whole room with a crib set up for her!) but slept a lot better once we got home. She has actually slept in her nursery since the day we brought her home. She sleeps the best on her tummy and sleeps SO long! The only problem with her sleeping 10 hours a night is that sometimes she wakes up covered in pee! And lately, she doesn't even wake up crying! Cory and I will be laying in bed waiting for her to wake up and we'll just hear her cooing, giggling, and gabbering on! We'll go in and she'll be on her back just talking away to her pink flowers on her ceiling. She's so cute.

Anyway... getting back on track, last week she found her feet! She thinks they are pretty amazing and grabs on to them all the time!

Also, Our doctor thinks she teething. You can see little white buds under her gums. She constantly slobbers and gnaws on ANYTHING! I'm sure they won't come in for a few months, though (hopefully!).

She is liking solid food. She really likes sweet potatoes and does not like applesauce. She thinks it's very sour!

The best thing lately is being able to put her down for a nap or bedtime awake and she falls asleep on her own. I love that she can just pop her thumb in her mouth and fall right to sleep. Sometimes she wants to be held :) But for the most part, she's getting used to it.

And lastly, we are having a 6 month old birthday party in July! My parents are coming for it :) And you're invited too!

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! Oh, you're little Sophie is so darling! Isn't having a little girl the best? In reference to my last post, watch out for the rolling. Especially if she has something in her mouth. :(